Before May flowers can bloom, April showers must come, which means the spring will have weather you should be wary off. Wet roads can be hazardous in a number of ways. To stay safe while driving in the rain, remember these safety tips:
- Never use cruise control when driving in the rain.
- Avoid puddles when possible, and drive slowly through them when you must.
- Avoid standing water altogether – and remember that just 12 inches of water can cause a vehicle to lose touch with the ground.
- Increase the distance between your car and the other cars around you, in case you need to stop quickly or a vehicle loses control.
- Stock up (or create) your emergency kit, just to be prepared.
- If flooding begins, keep your eyes peeled for floating debris, and even worse, downed power lines.
- Lastly, if your vehicle becomes trapped in standing water, simply abandon it and call for help. Your safety comes before that of your vehicle!
For more safety tips or to start out the season with a new vehicle, visit us anytime at Crest Cadillac.